Originating as a family business, Mac’s Honey is owner managed by Mike Mac Intyre, a 3rd Generation commercial bee keeper.
The Amazing Benefits of raw honey
Eating unheated, unprocessed honey ensures that all the vitamins, minerals, amino acids and enzymes in the honey are preserved. Therefore one can enjoy the true health benefits of this truly amazing super food!
Honey has been enjoyed for many centuries and has been used medicinally for just as long as it has been eaten. Modern research is now “rediscovering” what our ancestors knew about this truly remarkable substance, that honey heals and nourishes us inside and out.
Some honey facts you may not know
- Honey is a natural antibacterial, antifungal, and antiseptic agent
- Honey heals cuts, burns, and rashes better than conventional medications. A recent study among burn victims showed that 87% of burns dressed with honey healed within 15 days while only 10% of those dressed with a typical burn treatment medication healed within that same amount of time. Patients with the honey treatment also reported less pain and scarring.
- Honey contains small amounts of pollen and propolis, making it a powerful immune system booster.
- Honey is an effective and luxurious skin moisturizer and scalp treatment.
- Eating honey soothes bleeding gums and mouth ulcers
- Honey is also an appetite stimulant, digestive aid, and natural laxative. It can soothe upset stomachs and has been shown to help heal gastric and intestinal ulcers.
- Honey is an amazing natural preservative. Unprocessed honey found in ancient tombs was determined to be edible and was even used to preserve bodies.
- Besides carbohydrates (mostly fructose and glucose), honey contains protein, enzymes, vitamins and minerals. Unprocessed honey is rich in both enzymatic and non-enzymatic antioxidants and also contains trace amounts of about 18 different amino acids.