Moringa, king of the superfoods.
When local husband and wife team, Richard and Freda, discovered Moringa over 7 years ago, they could scarcely believe the claims of its incredible health benefits until they tried it for themselves. They were so impressed that they built a business around it, finding that it blended perfectly with their passion for permaculture.
Akan Moringa was established in 2012 and started trading when Moringa was virtually unknown as a superfood in South Africa. Since then, it’s grown into a fully-fledged family business. Although Akan originally imported Moringa from Ghana, they now source all their raw materials from local farms and have been responsible for pioneering and popularising Moringa in many regions of South Africa.
The Vision & Values of Akan Moringa
Akan Moringa’s vision to is to raise awareness of Moringa’s extraordinary health benefits, in this way empowering customers to make conscious decisions about their own health.
Making top quality health products that are also affordable is a key value, while at the same time being mindful of their carbon footprint. This is why they source their organically certified Moringa locally from the Limpopo. They also strive to make their packaging 100% plastic free.
What makes Moringa truly fabulous is that it really is the king of superfoods. There’s so much more to Moringa than you know. Think of it as a plant based multi-vitamin! In fact it is so nutritious, it’s used to treat malnutrition in many parts of Africa where it grows.
Just some of the health and nutritional benefits:
- packed with antioxidants and phyto-nutrients
- a great source of protein
- known as an anti-cancer agent
- a natural anti-inflammatory
- great for healing and promoting gut health
- builds up the immune system
- regulates blood pressure and blood sugar
- In Ayervedic medicine it is used to treat up to 300 ailments.
Akan Moringa Products
- Original Moringa Tea 40g Dried Moringa Leaf
Earthy, green taste that’s nutty, light and subtle
- Moringa & Rooibos Tea 40g Moringa leaf & Rooibos
Soft, smooth & earthy taste
- Moringa & Buchu Tea 40g Moringa leaf & Buchu
Delicate, light menthol taste
- Moringa Lemongrass & Ginger Tea 40g Moringa leaf, Lemongrass & Ginger
Fresh, tasty & flavourful
- Moringa Powder Sachet / Pouches
30 x 3g sachet box, 100g Pouch, 250g Pouch
- Moringa Vegan Capsules containing Moringa powder (27g/80g bottle)