KURO-Bō is the only water filter in South Africa to both mineralise and purify tap water.
Camilla and Darrin Morisby are a couple with a vision. They believe passionately in making sustainable and environmentally responsible choices and so have introduced South Africa’s first and only 100% natural plastic-free water filter. KURO-Bō is the NEW 100% organic, recyclable, sustainable and cartridge-free carbon water filter that naturally improves taste, purifies and mineralises tap water, while at the same time, balances pH.
- No HIDDEN SET UP COSTS, BULKY SYSTEMS, JUGS or MONTHLY CARTRIDGES.
- Offers up to THREE MONTHS OF FILTERED WATER per stick.
- IMPROVES TASTE in only 15 minutes.
- No more WASTEFUL and EXPENSIVE PLASTIC BOTTLES.
- Can be RECYCLED in a multitude of USEFUL and ECO-FRIENDLY ways.
- EASY TO USE – simply BOIL, DROP into any container of tap water, allow to FILTER and ENJOY!
KURO-Bō Activated Charcoal (Binchotan) is created through an ancient Japanese technique where high quality hardwood is baked in a kiln, at temperatures of over 1000ºC, until it becomes carbonised. Through this process KURO-Bō Activated Charcoal becomes a highly porous natural filter and, when placed in tap water, naturally adsorbs and removes toxins, while enriching it with beneficial minerals, turning ordinary tap water into filtered water, with a delicious and more refreshing taste.
The sticks are affordable (just over R1 per litre of filtered water) and very simple to use. Watch the video here.
Also available are the KURO-Bō Activated Charcoal Kōins which can fit into a water bottle (2-3cm in diameter) and the Gō-Ecō 1 litre Glass Water Bottle.